DAS & Small Cell Systems (eLearning)
You should have "20" to "50" items in your cart 20-50 seats in an eLearning course -10%
You should have "51" to "100" items in your cart 51-100 seats in an eLearning course -15%
5G Ecosystem (eLearning), DAS & Small Cell Systems (eLearning), Wireless 101 (eLearning), Macro Site Fundamentals (eLearning), Aspectos Básicos 101 (eLearning), RF Awareness & Safety (eLearning), Your Future with 5G, Get Up to Speed with 5G, Wireless 101 (eLearning) - Individual Purchase, Wireless 101 (eLearning) - Group Purchase, Your Future with 5G-Test
You need add to your cart at least one item for this discount WIA15 -15%
Distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cells are addressing the number one challenge faced by the cellular industry – how to provide more capacity and solve coverage problems where service from macro tower is not enough due to limited radio resources. This course provides a system level understanding of several types of DAS and Small Cell architecture. It introduces hardware components used in a typical indoor and outdoor DAS systems, their advantages, and limitations.
Examples of RF plumbing diagrams are used to explain signal flow for indoor and outdoor applications. The course also introduces Citizens Broadband Radio Services (CBRS) framework and provides an overview of CBRS uses cases, including private LTE and 5G networks. Designed for all audiences, this course is essential to understand how 5G and future generations will have to rely on DAS and small cells for coverage and capacity solutions.
- Click Add to Cart to purchase this course for yourself.
- Click Buy Seats to purchase this course for multiple people. When purchasing seats, please note that discounts will automatically be applied to your cart as follows:
- 10% discount for purchase of 20-50 seats
- 15% discount for purchase of 51-100 seats
- If you wish to purchase more than 100 seats, please contact us at email@example.com for custom pricing.
- Personnel without any DAS, small cell, and CBRS background.
- Personnel who have worked with macro sites and want to transition to DAS and small cells.
- Personnel who have primarily worked with in-building Wi-Fi systems and want to learn about the impact of DAS, small cell, and CBRS-based networks on coverage and capacity solutions.
- Recognize the role of densification and small cells for 5G networks.
- Understand the design tradeoffs between DAS and small cell architectures.
- Learn the difference between passive and active DAS elements.
- Identify the functionality of typical hardware components such as splitters, combiners, tappers, etc. in different types of DAS.
- Learn different types of small cells – femtocells, picocells, and microcells.
- Differentiate between indoor and outdoor small cells.
- Interpret RF connection diagrams and apply capacity/coverage planning techniques for DAS and small cells.
- Learn the challenges inherent with small cell deployments and how to apply RF planning techniques.
- Understand the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) framework and be able to identify different tiers of CBRS users.
- Learn different use-cases of CBRS including Private LTE and Private 5G networks.
- 365 days access
- Interactive, online content
- Knowledge checks
- A Certificate of Completion for learners who complete the eLearning module with a score of 80% or higher and submit the course evaluation